Unity Developer (SE/SSE)
The Gaming Industry
The gaming industry is not just one of the most exciting spaces with action across the board; it's also large and growing fast. In fact it's bigger than the Movie and Music industries combined! The industry has been steeped in the use of data to grow from ad models to IAP and now to play-to-earn models and NFT. You can get a quick overview from the excellent coverage here https://www-deconstructoroffun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.deconstructoroffun.com/blog/2022/1/13/casual2022?ss_source=sscampaigns&ss_email_id=61ef05b1c415752f22920ffd&format=amp
About Us: What are we looking to build
We at Stellarplay games are building casual social games for women. Our games have a global appeal and are inspired from classic game mechanics. Our ambition is to build a studio in India that is able to ship world class games. We are backed by the most premium global gaming VC, Play ventures https://www.playventures.vc/ and a clutch of other marquee investors.
Our people are the center of our philosophy. We look for talent that is world class at their craft, extremely curious and love games. We provide an extremely autonomous environment and let people thrive in decision making. We believe in small high caliber teams. While we are embarrassed by our low bar for humour, nevertheless our stringent evaluation process also involves completing the SOH (Sense of Humour) certification.
*Responsibilities: What is the gig about
Your role is to bring great consumer game experiences to life using technology. Our games are currently on the Unity Game Engine.
- Design and build game features end to end. Help estimate and plan work cycles.
- Be passionate about the game and input into future direction.
- Build with scalability, maintainability, and reusability in mind.
- Deliver code at the highest quality standards and best practices.
- Perform regular code reviews and maintain coding standards.
- Knowledge sharing with team mates.
- Having fun and being awesome overall.
About You: Bonus points for each of these
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer engineering or similar field is preferred.
- 2+ (Ideally 3-4) years on Unity, building experiences using the platform and having a good understanding of important features
- Excited about working on a game, more excited about playing it.
- Passion for software engineering and love being a NERD
- Proven fundamental programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, OS, Networking, AWS Cloud)
- Experience with source control management and giving code reviews
- Good Communication skills and experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams (UX, game design, PM) in an agile environment
Depending on experience it would be Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer.
Getting in Touch
Email us expressing your interest and with your details on, beamme[email hidden]
Something looks off?