Head of Talent
Play Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm that specializes in investing in innovative gaming startups from across the globe. With a passion for fostering entrepreneurship and supporting the growth of exceptional founders, we provide strategic guidance, mentorship, and financial backing to promising companies in this industry. We live to help ambitious and passionate entrepreneurs create the next $100M+ gaming powerhouses.
To further enhance our portfolio's success, we’re looking for a Head of Talent to further expand the range of value-add experiences for the founders we back.
We are looking for an experienced talent professional to shape and operate our support offering towards our portfolio companies. You will be responsible for supporting our portfolio founders in acquiring and retaining the right talent needed on their respective journeys.
The successful candidate has the ability to accelerate and positively impact the quality of the portfolio companies’ talent acquisition efforts through hands-on process execution, consultation and enablement, and by leveraging a network of external partners.
Like every position at Play, a strong entrepreneurial mindset is required to thrive beyond the scope of the core role.
Champion Play Ventures’ portfolio-facing talent support
- Build relationships with portfolio company founders and talent leadership in order to position as a trusted partner for talent-related topics.
- Build awareness among portfolio and internal colleagues on types of resources and support available on this front.
Support portfolio companies hands-on in talent acquisition
- For hi-prio roles and high-criticality situations, assume primary responsibility of running an end-to-end search process.
- In other situations, provide extra leverage in key bottleneck steps of the process, such as initial sourcing and screening.
Advise companies in improving their own talent acquisition capabilities
- Define and prepare resources & templates for portfolio companies to leverage as a starting point for their efforts.
- Help companies improve their talent acquisition processes: consult them in role definition and drafting of JDs, where to look for talent, structuring interviews and in effective candidate conversion and onboarding.
Build & leverage relevant networks
- Identify and build a network of relevant partners and vendors to leverage, when needed.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with high-impact, in-demand individuals & profiles.
- Surprise us! We love someone who takes ownership and initiative.
- Self starter, comfortable in small team environments with a startup mindset.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work independently based on assumed impact, work hands-on alongside founders and their teams.
- Experience in end-to-end talent acquisition in video gaming — either in an in-house role or at a leading agency.
- Understanding of typical team compositions within game development & adjacent functions; responsibilities, skills and technologies of different disciplines.
- Additional experience of B2B contexts & roles is a plus.
- Strong knowledge & network of relevant service providers & vendors (e.g. job boards, executive search partners, data providers, ATSs, subject matter experts).
What we offer:
- Chance to be a part of the leading VC in gaming with an international band of colleagues.
- Deliver unique experiences for gaming founders, industry leaders, and investors.
- A competitive salary and flexible working hours and locations, with ability to work remotely and travel .
If you are an enthusiastic and passionate event professional and if you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, we would love to hear from you!