Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Parallelz enables developers and their existing mobile apps/games, without any SDKs, code changes, or engineering efforts to instantly improve user acquisition, organic virality, new revenue channels, and user experiences and capabilities that were not possible before.
With Parallelz, users can access mobile apps instantly, with lossless quality, at full performance, on any desktop or mobile device. The Parallelz platform enables this by transforming existing native mobile apps into fully-native web apps, in real-time, that can be instantly accessible on any browser. Developers can now have a new frictionless way to reach their customers, free from the restrictions and taxations of the existing app stores.
Parallelz unlocks millions of existing native mobile apps from their silos and transforms them into a more powerful and valuable asset that is fully web-native. Parallelz’ novel architecture creates a new category of building blocks for the web, enabling mobile apps and their functionality to become a new type of web primitive. This enables mobile apps and their discrete components, functionality, and data to instantly become directly addressable, configurable, and compositable. Furthermore, this enables entirely new types of dynamically personalized, user and ML-generated, synthetic app experiences.
Our founding team and advisors are serial entrepreneurs and technologists from Google, Mozilla, MIT Media Labs, and other top organizations. The company is joined by top-tier and global venture funds and angel investors.
You will be getting in right at the beginning and be a key contributor in the infrastructure and backend roadmap. You will work with a world-class technical team in a small, agile, and flat organization to evolve our R&D initiatives into a live operational platform that will have an impact across the industry.
As a Backend Engineer, your primary responsibility will be helping create and optimize a robust infrastructure that enables the transformation of native mobile apps into fully-native web apps. This role requires a deep understanding of server-side languages and databases, as well as the ability to create scalable solutions that can handle the complex processes involved in making mobile apps instantly accessible on any browser.
- Design & Develop: Develop and design server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Integration: Integrate the front-end elements built by your coworkers, ensuring seamless functionality.
- Database Management: Manage and optimize databases to store, process, and access data efficiently.
- Testing and Debugging: Write and implement automated tests, troubleshoot, and debug applications to ensure optimal performance and quality.
- Collaboration: We are relatively flat organization and problem solving is expecting from all in the org. In this role, you would work closely with our Infrastructure Lead and the rest of the team
- Documentation: Create detailed technical documents explaining the architecture, workflow, and functionality of the backend systems.
- Database Design: Design and implement efficient database schemas, considering the specific requirements of the mobile-to-web app transformation process.
- 3+ YOE backend development
- 1+ YOE C or C++
- 1+ YOE Linux
- 1+ YOE Kernel Development
- 1+ YOE AndroidOS Virtualizaiton
- 1+ YOE AndroidOS Modifications
- AOSP (Android Open Source Project) experience
- 1+ YOE Android app development
- Embedded systems experience
- Experience working at a VC-funded startup