Systems Engineer - Graphics (Remote)
Montreal, QC, Canada · Remote
Posted on Saturday, October 21, 2023
Parallelz is building a new technology platform that enables new ways of delivering, discovering, and extending mobile applications -- ways that were never thought possible. We enable developers (with no modifications to their code) to transform existing mobile apps into web-native apps that can run anywhere, all without a walled-garden app store.
But this technology doesn’t just magically appear, that's where you come in. You will help us build breakthrough technology to enable a radically improved mobile experience for users that give them more control over their mobile device experience. You will be getting in right at the beginning, working with the team to take our early versions of the technology to market, and turning it into a product that will have an impact across the industry.
Parallelz founding team and advisors are serial entrepreneurs and technologists from Google, Mozilla, Microsoft, MIT Media Labs, Nvidia, and other top organizations. The company is joined by top tier and global venture funds and angel investors.Requirements
Are you the right person for the job? This is a technically demanding role that will require a lot of creative problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking. A great candidate has:
- 5+ years experience with C/C++
- A bit of experience with Rust, Java, or Python wouldn’t hurt
- Deep experience developing for Android/Linux (Android Internals, AOSP)
- Experience with one or more of network (socket) programming, WebGL, or Linux device driver programming
- In addition to the ability to work at the level of the OS on Android/Linux, these technologies are highly desirable:
- LXC containers, OpenGL ES, WASM, WebGPU, WebRTC, AWS
- A data-driven mindset - you rely heavily on qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions
- A ‘dig into a problem until it bleeds’ attitude – you want to know how every part of the system works in detail
- Bonus marks for:
- An interest in Machine Learning & AI and other emerging technologies
- Graduate work and/or research background in a related area
This is a full-time, fully remote position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and an Employee Stock Option Plan.