Director of People Operations & Human Resources
People & HR, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
The Director of People Operations & Human Resources role is an incredibly important one because at our company, culture and collaboration is front and center. We pride ourselves in working every day towards building an inclusive and welcoming community for our teams. As we continue to grow, this role will help develop the strategic plans to take both teams to the next level and grow the HR practice within the organization.
Our company is building a new technology platform that enables new ways of delivering, discovering, and extending mobile applications -- ways that were never thought possible. We allow developers to – with no modifications to their code – transform existing mobile apps into web-native apps that can run anywhere, all without a walled garden app store.
Our founding team and advisors are serial entrepreneurs and technologists from Google, Mozilla, MIT Media Labs, and other top organizations. The company is joined by top-tier and global venture funds and angel investors.
- Recruitment & onboarding
- Culture & engagement
- Learning & development
- Talent Management, including performance & career progression
- Onboard new employees with proper HR documentation as well as manage happiness surveys and measure employee net promoter score (eNPS)
- Manage and facilitate events for employees and recruitment
- Administer Compensation structure, including annual compensation reviews, compensation analysis, etc.
- Administer benefits such as health, RSP, etc
- Manage vendor Relationships with our HR Vendors; including Humi, Assembly, Workable etc.,
- Assist with the implementation and management of the internal communication strategy
- Ensure policies, processes and programs operate in accordance with all relevant legislation, including the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, AODA, Bill C-45
- Manage and maintain employee records, HRIS systems, HR reporting and training
- 3+ years experience in a generalist HR role
- Remote or Hybrid Work experience and an understanding of the challenges associated with it
- Human Resource Management Graduate or similar degree
- Experience establishing a department from the ground up
- Understanding of change management and experience rolling out new process and programs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills; able to present with a strong business focus to various stakeholders within the company
- Experience with Google Workspace, HRIS systems (Humi), and performance management
- Knowledgeable of all relevant legislation including the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, AODA, Bill C-45
- Bonus: CHRP designation or designation in progress
- Bonus: Start-up and/or Technology industry experience
- Bonus: Passion for games!
This is a full-time, fully remote position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and an Employee Stock Option Plan.