Principal Systems Engineer/Architect
Software Engineering, IT
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Apps are meant to live free - join the resistance.
Parallelz is building a new technology platform that enables new ways of delivering, discovering, and extending mobile applications -- ways that were never thought possible. We enable developers (with no modifications to their code) to transform existing mobile apps into web-native apps that can run anywhere, all without a walled-garden app store.
But this technology doesn’t just magically appear, that's where you come in. You will help us build breakthrough technology to enable a radically improved mobile experience for users that give them more control over their mobile device experience. You will be getting in right at the beginning, be a key contributor in the technical strategic roadmap and working with the team taking our initial prototype of this technology and turning it into a product that will have an impact across the industry.
Are you the right person for the job? A great candidate has:
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ (and Rust would be great)
- 10+ years deep experience in several of the following - OpenGL, GLES, Android internals, game engine development (Unity, Unreal, Others), device drivers, web sockets, network protocols
- Experience designing complex systems with multiple moving parts, and bringing prototypes to market
- Nice to have experience includes knowledge of AWS, WASM, WebGL, WebGPU, WebRTC
- Experience leading a team and helping to develop more junior engineers
- A data-driven mindset - you rely heavily on qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions
- Excellent debugging skills and a ‘dig into a problem until it bleeds’ attitude – you want to know how every part of the system works in detail
This is a full-time, fully remote position. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and an Employee Stock Option Plan.
Parallelz founding team and advisors are serial entrepreneurs and technologists from Google, Mozilla, Microsoft, MIT Media Labs, Nvidia, and other top organizations. The company is joined by top tier and global venture funds and angel investors.