Multimedia Specialist - Analyst & Test Lead (video gaming)
Who is mod.io?
mod.io is the world’s most trusted platform for the creation and discovery of fully cross-platform User-Generated Content (UGC) and mods in video games.
Many of the industries most innovative and successful games have UGC at their core. We’re talking about Counter-Strike, DotA, and PUBG. These games have become house-hold names and that same innovation is what drives us. We are a fast-growing, early-stage startup, backed by leading video game venture capital firms including LEGO Ventures, Tencent, and Makers Fund.
Our mission is to connect game studios and publishers with their communities by harnessing the power of UGC. And we’re doing it; our platform is embedded in over 150 games, including some of the biggest and best games in the world. Games like Deep Rock Galactic, Snowrunner, and Dying Light 2, and we support over six-and-a-half-million monthly users.
What is the role?
We are looking for a Multimedia Specialist (Analyst & Test Lead) to join our team. This role works across all project teams and is focused on developing and maintaining our build pipeline and test environment across our entire platform and performing automated and manual testing to ensure we are delivering a high quality product in an effective and efficient manner:
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the implementation and maintenance of our build pipelines across Web, Rest API, Unity Engine, Unreal Engine, C++ and C# SDKs
- Defining the scope and required resources (hardware and software) for testing for each project
- Testing at the product component and API level, as well as at the end-to-end and feature level. You'll also be testing nonfunctional requirements such as: security, reliability, maintainability, scalability, usability, and so on
- Helping to define 'Done' for individual stories / tasks and overall project(s)
- Helping to design, build, implement and execute automated and manual tests, including exploratory testing, across multiple platforms, including VR and game consoles and operating systems - our teams will be writing functional, performance, and automated unit tests, as well as creating scripts to automatically deploy code into test environments and executing the tests
- Managing and conducting UAT
- Providing testing estimates
- Scheduling releases
- Completing regression testing
- Collaborating with product owners and developers to resolve bugs
- Providing test reporting including test case execution, defect reporting and defect tracking
- Other testing support as required in a small startup environment
Why work at mod.io?
We’re very ambitious in what we want to achieve as a company, and we work closely together to achieve our goals.
- We’re transparent and honest, and our focus is on getting things done in the most efficient way possible - if something is slowing us down, we want to know about it and fix it.
- We’re a small team with 30 people globally. This means there are always opportunities both to shape your role and also how we do things.
- We offer maximum flexibility - you can work hours based on your location and choose where you work - work from home (WFH) or away (any location), or enjoy the perks of our brand new office in Prahran if you’re in Melbourne.
- We value the career development of our people; we look to hire within when opportunities arise, and provide mentorship and support for all our team.
- We’re very proud that we have a safe, transparent working environment where everyone is welcome, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for jobs with us.
- We provide a competitive salary and equity in the company, for this role in the range of $70,000 to $90,000 AUD
What are we looking for in candidates?
We are looking for humble, enthusiastic, self-starters who take ownership over what they create and will help us shape and improve the company. Even if you don’t match the qualifications exactly, if you’re confident you can do the job, or can grow into the role, please throw your hat in the ring.
For this role, we need someone who is passionate about automation and testing, with great problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
We are looking for an experienced and hands on Multimedia Specialist (Analyst & Test Lead) with:
- Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years experience in the construction of a build pipeline and maintenance
- 6+ years of expert knowledge of testing processes and quality assurance practices
- Extensive experience testing web, API, Unity, Unreal Engine, C# and C++ applications across mobile, PC, Xbox S|X, Playstation 4 and 5, Switch, VR and other platforms video games are played
- Experience configuring and maintaining a test environment
- Strong knowledge of CMake and GitHub
- Experience working on a published video game
- An understanding of the difficulties building across multiple platforms
- Ability to effectively work in a remote team environment
- Hand on testing experience of APIs, DB and UI
- Good knowledge of SCRUM and agile processes and ceremonies
- Experience working in an agile manner (stand ups, sprints etc)
- Strong test analysis and stakeholder management skills
- Team player with strong collaboration skills
- Worked in project teams with people across the globe
- Provided instruction and mentoring to others to uplift our testing capability across the board
- Establish strong processes so other testers can work independently with minimal supervision / support
- Effective time management
It would be awesome if you also have:
- 4+ years of game development experience
- Experience implementing test harnesses
- Understanding of the Unity Engine and Unreal Engine build pipelines
- A passion for video games
How do I apply?
This is a full time role. You can work remotely or from our office in Prahran, which is near Melbourne in Victoria, Australia.
If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please click the application button and provide:
- Your CV
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria
If you don’t think you’re right for this role, but you’d love a role at mod.io, please fill in our Expression of Interest form.