Dev Ops Engineer (video gaming)
Who is mod.io?
mod.io is the world’s most trusted platform for the creation and discovery of fully cross-platform User-Generated Content (UGC) and mods in video games.
Many of the industries most innovative and successful games have UGC at their core. We’re talking about Counter-Strike, DotA, and PUBG. These games have become house-hold names and that same innovation is what drives us. We are a fast-growing, early-stage startup, backed by leading video game venture capital firms including LEGO Ventures, Tencent, and Makers Fund.
Our mission is to connect game studios and publishers with their communities by harnessing the power of UGC. And we’re doing it; our platform is embedded in over 150 games, including some of the biggest and best games in the world. Games like Deep Rock Galactic, Snowrunner, and Dying Light 2, and we support over six-and-a-half-million monthly users.
What is the role?
We are looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for expanding our use of DevOps and automation, support to our Cloud-based Security toolsets and helping support the various backend systems that service the mod.io platform.
Your responsibilities include:
- Continuous monitoring and action as needed to ensure the security of mod.io’s platforms and systems
- Driving security best practices through the organisation
- Mentoring and educating mod.io staff
- Finding and eliminating manual processes and systems through automation and the use of a DevOps mindset to empower teams
- Using our internal systems including New Relic & AWS toolsets to identify system pain points, faults and areas of improvement
- Working with our product teams to enhance our CI/CD systems
- Recommending systems and processes to close security, operational and performance gaps
- Provide regular reporting/updates to senior leadership
- Act as an escalation point for Security & Cloud/Infrastructure incidents
- Work closely with development teams and project to assist with their security and operational asks
Why work at mod.io?
We’re very ambitious in what we want to achieve as a company, and we work closely together to achieve our goals.
- We’re transparent and honest, and our focus is on getting things done in the most efficient way possible - if something is slowing us down, we want to know about it and fix it.
- We’re a small team with 30 people globally. This means there are always opportunities both to shape your role and also how we do things.
- We offer maximum flexibility - you can work hours based on your location and choose where you work - work from home (WFH) or away (any location), or enjoy the perks of our brand new office in Prahran if you’re in Melbourne.
- We provide a competitive salary and equity in the company
- We value the career development of our people; we look to hire within when opportunities arise, and provide mentorship and support for all our team.
- We’re very proud that we have a safe, transparent working environment where everyone is welcome, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for jobs with us.
What are we looking for in candidates?
We are looking for humble, enthusiastic, self-starters who take ownership over what they create and will help us shape and improve the company. Even if you don’t match the qualifications exactly, if you’re confident you can do the job, or can grow into the role, please throw your hat in the ring.
For this role, we need someone who is passionate about automation and security, with great problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
We are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer who has been responsible for a production environment with:
- Expert level knowledge of: AWS services including VPC’s, GuardDuty, Security Hub and other AWS security products
- Expert level knowledge of: containers including Docker/ECS
- Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Bash, Python, JSON, YAML etc
- Experience with AWS systems including S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticache, Aurora
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (eg Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with Crowdstrike Falcon or similar NG-AV product suite
- Experience with CI/CD/build automation tools
- Experience working with security/compliance frameworks such as ISO 27001 & NIST, SOC-2
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies
It would be awesome if you also have:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or equivalent working experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with PagerDuty or similar alerting/reporting tools
- Experience with implementing and administering a SIEM
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform & Google Suite
- Experience with ClickUp or similar project management tools
- Knowledge of email best practices and configuration such as DKIM, SPF, DMARC
- A passion for video games
How do I apply?
This is a full time role. You can work remotely or from our office in Prahran, which is near Melbourne in Victoria, Australia.
If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, then please click the application button and provide:
- Your CV
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria
If you don’t think you’re right for this role, but you’d love a role at mod.io, please fill in our Expression of Interest form.