Mobile Premier League
Working as an individual contributor in MPL Card Games, you are fundamental to building quality games. Working directly with a more technical approach to testing, you will also work with other QA members of the team to technically test the game through different mechanisms. You will be responsible for end to end ownership of games. As well as being a key contributor in the shift left testing strategy.
- Communicate complex information/problems and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases encompassing manual, non-functional, and possibly automation.
- Control and monitor testing efforts looking for coverage gaps as well as seeking to improve quality and efficiency.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members and external vendors.
- Maintain and update FAQs, and team wikis including information on the team's process, tools, and scripts
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience with functional testing of Rummy (4+ years must)
- Strong initiative and ability to proactively self-manage; always looking for new and better solutions to existing challenges.
- Strong experience working in a game studio as part of a feature/sprint team or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication and social skills backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing.
- Strong experience and effective use of external test teams to implement your testing plans and strategies. (Task estimation, team organization, task prioritization, etc.)
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology (ideally in relation to mobile games or live-supported games).
- Experience using a task tracking software and test management system, preferably JIRA & TestRail.
- Strong experience taking part in sprints, being involved in planning, retrospectives, and estimations.
- Experience in QA Engineer, SDET within pre-production projects and prototyping phases.
- Excellent communicator
- Works well with others
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Experience working on mobile platforms: iOS, Android, and iPad
- Experience with testing client/server interactions
- Understanding of how software architecture influences the amount of testing required, including optimizing tests that use the same code paths.
- Familiarity with development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unity, Unreal or similar
- Familiarity with source control and branchings, such as GIT or SVN
- Experience of technical areas and tooling: Network tools, Performance tools, Analytics tools, API test tooling, Automation frameworks, device farms, or similar
- Unity experience specifically testing or automation tool
- Good working SQL, AWS knowledge is a plus