Senior Artist, Games Development
Mighty Bear Games
We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Butter Royale, we are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Game Artist who is passionate about making our games look unique and amazing!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
We are seeking a talented and versatile Senior Game Artist to join our team and create stunning graphics and visual effects for our video games. The ideal candidate is a generalist and has a strong background in both 3D modeling and VFX and is able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Art Director and game development team to understand project requirements, provide smart solutions and create high-quality art assets
- Design and create 3D models, textures, animations, and visual effects for characters, environments, and props
- Implement and optimize art and VFX assets in the game engine, ensuring that performance is at its best
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish and support the improvement of art production pipelines and best practices for art and asset creation
- Collaborate and coordinate with partners on the production of game assets
- Design and implement particle systems, animations, and compositing to enhance the visual impact of the game
- Mentor and lead junior artists, providing guidance and feedback to help them improve their skills
- Stay current with industry trends, techniques and influences, continuously seek ways to improve your own skills and sharing your findings with the team
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- At least 5 years of experience as a game artist or related field
- Strong understanding of 3D modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, particle systems, and compositing
- Extensive experience in standard 3D asset creation software such as Maya, Substance, Blender, etc
- Experience creating VFX in Unity3D
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Shipped multiple game titles (AAA or mobile)
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!