Makea Games is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join building and live operating our upcoming multiplayer title Supermoves.
As DevOps Engineer in a startup environment, you will be working on building and running scalable, reliable and monitorable infrastructure and backend systems for our game servers and liveops services. We are using a mixture of Kubernetes and various Azure services, and you will be administering them. You will set up things such as scaling, monitoring and alerting on clusters, networking and load balancing on cloud, and CI/CD pipelines where needed. We are a relatively small startup, so you will also be needed on backend development on our liveops services.
We’re a game studio that works in a curious yet collaborative way – by creating tools to create games, then giving those tools to the players as well. Our first title – Supermoves – is an exciting action sports videogame inspired by games like “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater”, “Mirror’s Edge” & “Fall Guys”. It is a massively multiplayer parkour world where players face each other in competition and pull off outrageous parkour supermoves. Players can make their own levels and challenges together in the powerful Makea Editor that allows anyone to make anything with just their controllers!
As a company, we are all about honest, open and collaborative spirit. Relaxed but driven is how we roll! We work mostly remotely with everyone having a high level of autonomy to decide when and how to work. For this position, a competitive option plan is available. Some of our workplace benefits include choosing where you work from, choosing your own work hours and an equipment budget.
Makea Games gives you the tools to make games. Just bring your imagination.
- Administration of various cloud resources and Kubernetes clusters
- Monitoring and debugging infrastructure and services
- CI/CD Systems knowledge
- Database administration
- Development of backend services
- Taking part in on-call rotation after launch
- Building a positive and friendly working environment
- Supporting the other areas of development when the need arises
- Sharing your expertise with the rest of the team
- Kubernetes knowledge
- Docker knowledge
- Azure (or other equivalent cloud expertise)
- Expertise on CI/CD systems
- Linux knowledge
- Shell scripting knowledge
- Typescript + Node.js knowledge
- SQL knowledge
- Operated systems in production with relevant technology (game or service)
- Good debugging skills and problem solving mindset
- Comfortable with communicating in English
- Good communication skills
- Launched and/or liveopped a multiplayer game
- C++ knowledge
- Expertise on game engines (especially Unreal Engine)