Full Time – Tampere Hybrid work
Makea Games is looking to appoint an experienced and highly talented Senior Programmer to join our journey to revolutionize the UGC-space of console/PC gaming. As a senior programmer in a startup, you will be working on many different game components from gameplay to background services.
We’re a game studio that works in a curious yet collaborative way – by creating tools to create games, then giving those tools to the players as well. Each of our title is a showcase of what you can do with the tools as well as being a fun game.
Our first title – Supermoves – is an exciting action sports videogame inspired by games like “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater”, “Mirror’s Edge” & “Fall Guys”. It is a massively multiplayer parkour world where players face each other in competition and pull off outrageous parkour supermoves. Players can make their own levels and challenges together in the powerful Makea Editor that allows anyone to make anything with just their controllers!
As a company, we are all about honest, open and collaborative spirit. Relaxed but driven is how we roll! We work mostly remotely with everyone having a high level of autonomy to decide when and how to work. For this position, a competitive option plan is available.
Some of our workplace benefits include choosing where you work from, choosing your own work hours and an equipment budget.
Makea Games gives you the tools to make games. Just bring your imagination.
- Building a positive and friendly working environment
- Prototyping, implementing, iterating and fixing game features as a coder
- Working with designers, artists, programmers and other stakeholders to realize our vision
- Supporting the other areas of development when the need arises
- Sharing your expertise with the rest of the team
- Planning your work
- Passion to develop games
- Shipped at least one PC/console title
- Expert knowledge on game programming
- Experience in programming online multiplayer games
- Experience in C++ and Unreal
- Ability to implement maintainable, extendable and well-optimized code
- Comfortable with communicating in English
- Good communication skills
- In-depth Unreal knowledge
- A passion for state-of-the-art tools and methods related to gameplay development
- Game design chops