Lead VFX Artist
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
What is important to us:
- Professional experience in visual effects in gaming.
- Experience in creating impressive visual effects using Unity, Houdini or Embergen.
- Willingness to experiment, push the boundaries of what is possible with FX to find the best solutions.
- Experience using particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulation.
- The ability to balance quality and technical excellence.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience in scripting and writing shaders is a huge advantage.
What is to be done:
- Design and implementation of high-quality, realistic visual effects to support artistic direction and, primarily, gameplay.
- Creating effect prototypes based on references, concept art, storyboards, and documentation.
- Creating various real-time special effects, from weather and combat effects to full-screen processing, using both Unity's standard particle systems and custom implementations utilizing computational shaders and generative algorithms.
- Optimizing visual effects to work within performance constraints.
- Defining the workflow pipeline and applying best practices for VFX creation.
- Close communication with art and programming teams, preventing and resolving technical issues within given constraints and visual requirements.
- Researching and developing new industry technologies and trends to enhance visual quality and project efficiency.
- Setting priorities, planning, and organizing tasks in collaboration with the producer, project manager, and art director.