Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Company overview:At Gamefam, we are revamping the gaming landscape. We strive to provide an unmatched experience for both players and creators across metaverse gaming platforms like Roblox, Fortnite Creative Mode, and Minecraft.We aim to deliver the most authentic games and highest quality. We combine experienced mobile F2P producers, designers, and live ops managers with top native dev talent to create a one-of-a-kind, creative production and live operations hybrid powerhouse!Our mission is simple: Amazing experiences for amazing communities. And the COOLest part of working at Gamefam is how we win, together. We do this through Collaboration, taking Ownership, delivering Outstanding work, and cultivating Leadership at every level (aka, living our values). Job Summary: We are looking for a VFX Artist to join our team of artists, designers, and programmers to expand our VFX team. The VFX Artist will be responsible for the creating and implementing stunning visual effects that are consistent with our project's artistic direction and production deadlines. Our ideal candidate will have strong artistic and technical skills with a solid understanding of how to deliver within the time and technical constraints of industry schedules. The VFX Artist must exhibit the ability to transform concrete and ambiguous concepts into compatible, rich visuals. Responsibilities:
- Create, manage and optimize VFX assets with supervision to complete assets by scheduled deadlines.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, programmers and animators to iterate, polish and deliver projects
- Understands the concept of simple and complex VFX asset creation
- Create VFX that are optimized in accordance with the approved game style and technical requirements constraints.
- Cultivate an organized and disciplined workflow
- Works with the leads to create a plan and timeline for VFX creation
- Provides self-assessment on how to improve your own performance.
- Works within the technical limitations of the Roblox game engine.
- Help create and maintain workflow documentation for your team's content
- Shares artistic knowledge with artists, and supports them when needed
- Solid understanding of VFX creation for game engines (Unreal, Unity, Roblox, etc.)
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn concepts
- Two or more years of professional experience creating VFX
- Experience with VFX for Roblox is a plus
- Understanding of game pipeline and VFX systems is a plus
- Remote Flexibility
- Unlimited PTO
- Company wide shutdown between Christmas and New Years
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- WFH Stipend
- More surprises when you join!