Senior Financial Controller
Accounting & Finance
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Fliff reimagines sports betting as a social, and free-to-play game build for all types of sports fans. We've built a social sportsbook experience that allows users to compete for leaderboard positioning, to achieve badges and build their status within the game.
We are pioneering play-for-fun sports gaming, with a social sportsbook experience that is supplemented with sweepstakes credits and loyalty rewards. We provide sports fans with a most fun, engaging, less costly alternative to real money gaming. With Fliff, making picks is just the start of the fun and winning is about more than just the prize.
As a senior financial controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial management of the organization, providing strategic financial guidance, and ensuring compliance with relevant financial regulations.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting responsibilities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets
- Perform regular forecasting for both short and long-term business needs, including long-range planning
- Oversee federal and state tax reporting and compliance
- Oversee and manage all of the company's financial and controls audits
- Improve/enhance the company's admin functions (e.g., A/R, A/P, etc.)
- Reconcile Financial Reports
- Analyze company performance and identify key trends and opportunities to increase revenue/reduce costs for the business
- Develops, maintains and distributes key operating metrics to evaluate attainment of company’s operating, service and financial objectives
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in a related field, such as accounting, finance, or auditing.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting standards, such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience with financial modeling, data analysis, and report preparation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Experience with financial software or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision and has a proven track record of managing upward.
- Must have experience with developing pro forma P&L’s.
- ROI analysis / financial modeling experience is essential.
- Must have broad knowledge of accounting and financial analysis.
- Must have knowledge of financial accounting and reporting under GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Top tier compensation + benefits package
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Opportunity for professional growth in a dynamic and international environment
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment
- An interesting and challenging job that allows you to explore paths to creating successful software solutions
We are an international company with our headquarters based in Austin, Texas, and development offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is welcoming and friendly, and the work that we do is always interesting and rewarding. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is:
Welcoming and Friendly
We want to reflect the diversity of the cities we serve. By creating an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, we’ll make Fliff better for employees and customers alike.
Lively and Creative
We respect and value each other’s ideas, experience and expertise. There is no such thing as a bad idea; only ideas that are executed and ideas that are discarded after consideration.
Stimulating and Rewarding
We know bright minds love a challenge, and we understand your desire to see your hard work pay off. We’ll make sure your daily tasks align with your career ambitions as we grow together.