Head of Fraud and Payments
Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Fliff reimagines sports betting as a social, and free-to-play game build for all types of sports fans. We've built a social sportsbook experience that allows users to compete for leaderboard positioning, to achieve badges and build their status within the game.
We are pioneering play-for-fun sports gaming, with a social sportsbook experience that is supplemented with sweepstakes credits and loyalty rewards. We provide sports fans with a most fun, engaging, less costly alternative to real money gaming. With Fliff, making picks is just the start of the fun and winning is about more than just the prize.
The Head of Fraud and Payments is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of fraud and compliance are effectively managed. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of fraud and compliance, including risk assessments, investigations, audits, and other relevant functions. The Head of Fraud and Payments will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and programs to mitigate risks related to fraud and compliance.
- Develop and maintain the company's fraud and compliance policies, procedures, and programs
- Implement and maintain an effective fraud prevention program, including risk assessments, fraud investigations, and fraud reporting mechanisms
- Monitor and analyze industry trends, regulatory requirements, and emerging issues related to fraud and compliance
- Provide regular reports to senior management on the status of fraud and compliance within the company
- Manage a team of fraud, payments and compliance professionals, providing leadership, guidance, and support
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that fraud and compliance risks are effectively managed throughout the company
- Oversee the development and implementation of fraud and compliance training programs for employees
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Accounting, Law, or Criminal Justice)
- At least 5 years of experience in fraud and compliance, preferably in the gambling industry
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards related to fraud and compliance
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify and assess fraud and compliance risks
- Experience managing a team of professionals
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Professional certification in fraud examination or compliance is a plus
- Top tier compensation + benefits package
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Opportunity for professional growth in a dynamic and international environment
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment
- An interesting and challenging job that allows you to explore paths to creating successful software solutions
We are an international company with our headquarters based in Austin, Texas, and development offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is welcoming and friendly, and the work that we do is always interesting and rewarding. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is:
Welcoming and Friendly
We want to reflect the diversity of the cities we serve. By creating an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, we’ll make Fliff better for employees and customers alike.
Lively and Creative
We respect and value each other’s ideas, experience and expertise. There is no such thing as a bad idea; only ideas that are executed and ideas that are discarded after consideration.
Stimulating and Rewarding
We know bright minds love a challenge, and we understand your desire to see your hard work pay off. We’ll make sure your daily tasks align with your career ambitions as we grow together.
See more open positions at Fliff
Something looks off?