Fraud Monitoring Associate
Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Fliff reimagines sports betting as a social, and free-to-play game build for all types of sports fans. We've built a social sportsbook experience that allows users to compete for leaderboard positioning, to achieve badges and build their status within the game.
We are pioneering play-for-fun sports gaming, with a social sportsbook experience that is supplemented with sweepstakes credits and loyalty rewards. We provide sports fans with a most fun, engaging, less costly alternative to real money gaming. With Fliff, making picks is just the start of the fun and winning is about more than just the prize.
We are seeking a Fraud Monitoring Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring transactions and activities to identify any suspicious or fraudulent behavior. As a Fraud Monitoring Associate, you will be responsible for conducting investigations, documenting findings, and recommending appropriate actions to mitigate fraud.
- Monitor customer accounts and transactions for any suspicious activity
- Analyze customer behavior and transactions to identify potential fraud
- Conduct investigations into suspicious activity and document findings
- Communicate with internal teams to recommend appropriate actions to mitigate fraud
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies as required
- Keep up to date with industry trends and fraud detection tools and techniques
- Assist in developing and implementing fraud prevention strategies
- Provide training and guidance to customer support and other internal teams on fraud prevention best practices
- Produce regular reports on fraud trends and activities
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as criminal justice, finance, or business administration
- 1+ years of experience in fraud prevention, detection, and investigations
- Knowledge of the gambling, crypto or gaming industry and the associated risks of fraud
- Experience with fraud detection tools and techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations related to fraud detection and prevention
- Top tier compensation + benefits package
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Opportunity for professional growth in a dynamic and international environment
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment
- An interesting and challenging job that allows you to explore paths to creating successful software solutions
We are an international company with our headquarters based in Austin, Texas, and development offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is welcoming and friendly, and the work that we do is always interesting and rewarding. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is:
Welcoming and Friendly
We want to reflect the diversity of the cities we serve. By creating an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, we’ll make Fliff better for employees and customers alike.
Lively and Creative
We respect and value each other’s ideas, experience and expertise. There is no such thing as a bad idea; only ideas that are executed and ideas that are discarded after consideration.
Stimulating and Rewarding
We know bright minds love a challenge, and we understand your desire to see your hard work pay off. We’ll make sure your daily tasks align with your career ambitions as we grow together.