Quality Assurance Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 1, 2022
Fliff reimagines sports betting as a social, and free-to-play game build for all types of sports fans. We've built a social sportsbook experience that allows users to compete for leaderboard positioning, to achieve badges and build their status within the game.
We are pioneering play-for-fun sports gaming, with a social sportsbook experience that is supplemented with sweepstakes credits and loyalty rewards. We provide sports fans with a most fun, engaging, less costly alternative to real money gaming. With Fliff, making picks is just the start of the fun and winning is about more than just the prize.
Who are we looking for?
- Fliff is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The role itself:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing product features
- Liaise with developers and product manager to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Experience in software development
- Experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Top tier compensation + benefits package.
- Flexibility to work from the company’s office or remotely.
- Opportunity for professional growth in a dynamic and international environment.
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment.
- An interesting and challenging job that allows you to explore paths to creating successful software solutions.
We are an international company with our headquarters based in Austin, Texas, and development offices in Sofia, Bulgaria. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is welcoming and friendly, and the work that we do is always interesting and rewarding. Wherever we are in the world, we pride ourselves on being a close-knit, focused team that is:
Welcoming and Friendly
We want to reflect the diversity of the cities we serve. By creating an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, we’ll make Fliff better for employees and customers alike.
Lively and Creative
We respect and value each other’s ideas, experience and expertise. There is no such thing as a bad idea; only ideas that are executed and ideas that are discarded after consideration.
Stimulating and Rewarding
We know bright minds love a challenge, and we understand your desire to see your hard work pay off. We’ll make sure your daily tasks align with your career ambitions as we grow together.
See more open positions at Fliff
Something looks off?