Senior Typescript/Node Engineer (MetaSoccer)
Imagine writing a back-end for an MMO game, you have a set of characters that belong to a user who can improve the characters stats by either playing with them or by equipping some items. Besides being massive, it sounds easy enough, right?
Now, what if the user can freely edit some parts of the DB completely bypassing the Backend and there is nothing you can do about it?
Not only that, these items and characters have a real value worth thousands of dollars so transparency, reproducibility, fairness is a must.
This is precisely what we are doing at Metasoccer, a football manager play2earn blockchain game where our characters and currency can be freely trade-able in the blockchain while the games are executed in a transparent and reproducible way in our back-end so our users can be sure that they can never be tricked.
- Have a deep understanding of the backend architecture
- Have a holistic view of the architecture (Front, Back, Ops)
- Make sure that Agile principles are followed and embraced
- Be able to take ownership of tasks involving all parts of the stack
Our ideal candidate
- You consider yourself a software engineer and not a specialist (Back, Front, etc)
- Deep understanding of Typescript ecosystem
- Deep understanding of Node
- 5+ years of experience building and delivering b2c applications
- Takes ownership of tasks, from begining to end
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Can manage their own work environment (Docker, Git, ...)
What our Backend stack looks like
We use a monorepo (rushjs) that holds the entire project, Frontend (Vue migrating to React), Backend (services based monolith) and our smart contracts.
As for the database, we are using a mix of relational and document oriented all based on PostgreSQL.
This is a small summary:
- NestJS (multiple services that can be enabled/disabled per instance)
- EventSource architecture
- TDD (unit and integration tests)
- Gitlab and Github for CI
- AWS with EKS for prod
- Docker for development
- Ethers/Solidity for Web3 stuff
What our overall stack looks like
We use Typescript as much as we can, right now we use it for:
- Frontend (nextjs)
- Backend (nestjs)
- Smartcontracts tests
- Some internal tools
The other only language that we use is Solidity, used to write the Smart Contracts.
- Full remote position · You can expect the usual flexibility that comes with it
- Front-row seat in the development of the new Game future where value is controlled by users.
- Joining a small yet growing company with the objective of reaching the moon 🚀
- Flat hierarchy company, working side by side with everybody (CTO, Leads, CEO...)
- Bonding Activities - We get together once every few months (usually in Barcelona)
Something looks off?