Back End Developer
Carter is at the frontier of human-AI interaction. We are building the most realistic AI characters in the world to talk to, that truly have high EQ, long-term memory and nuanced social awareness. Our flagship platform is https://carter.chat, where our users immerse themselves in deep, emotional conversations and relationships with AI-powered characters. From a billionaire mafia boss with a heart of gold to the fierce ruler commanding her army in battle, our characters are designed to be emotionally captivating, deeply relatable, and a truly amazing experience to talk to (try for yourself)!
We're on the hunt for an exceptional Backend Developer with a passion for creating solid and scalable infrastructure to drive the backend processes of our https://carter.chat platform. As a backend developer at Carter, you'll be instrumental in building efficient processes for existing and new feature releases, ensuring seamless communication between our AI engine and frontend, designing and managing databases and ensuring the highest level of stability and performance for our users.
Important to note: You don't need a heap of formal professional experience. However, you should have been coding for a significant time (outside of just bootcamp experiences) and have an impressive list of hobby projects we can delve into.
- Architect, develop, and maintain the backend infrastructure of our web platform carter.chat.
- Collaborate closely with the broader dev team to integrate new features and improve user experience.
- Manage, optimise, and ensure the security of our databases and user data.
- Continuously explore and incorporate the latest backend development trends, technologies, and AI tools to keep our platform at the forefront of innovation.
- Very strong proficiency in Python and OOP (Object-Oriented Programming).
- A robust portfolio of backend projects that highlight your dev aptitude.
- Proficiency in modern backend frameworks, database management, and cloud computing platforms.
- A deep understanding of web protocols, API development, and AI toolkits.
- Passionate about AI and its potential, paired with an inherent drive for innovation.
- Based in London and able to commute to our Greenwich office 5 days a week.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to join one of the hottest venture-backed AI start-ups in the UK.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- An inclusive work environment in a top-tier office setting in Greenwich, London.
If Back End Engineering is your passion and you’re as keen as us to drive innovation and create real-world impact, we're very keen to see what you can bring to the table!
To apply, please upload your updated CV and links to your online portfolio/GitHub.