Lead Engineer - Dapps and Protocols
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Burnt is building the world’s first creator-centric monetization and engagement app powered by its own custom infrastructure layer, bringing innovative Web3 tools to creators and their billions of end-users. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, NFTs, decentralized applications, and the creator economy please apply!
The Lead Engineer should be the technical backstop for all other engineers at the company. Their primary goal should be to ensure all technical designs created by the rest of the team are sound and suitable for the company’s needs and to themselves architect suitable solutions for problems core to the company’s needs.
Our stack is ever growing, but currently spans TypeScript (Next.js), Rust (CosmWasm smart contracts), and Golang (cosmos-sdk based blockchain.) Ideal candidates should be eager to learn new skills on the job and have a proven track record of being adaptable and self-starting. Developers with cosmos-sdk experience will be given priority.
- Minimum four years of professional experience
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers
- Comfort working all over a diverse stack
- Experience working in typed and compiled languages
- Familiarity with web3 concepts and technologies (professional experience a huge plus)
- Architect and implement features for a Dapp with multiple (centralized and decentralized) back ends
- Prompt and helpful code review for other engineers on the team
- Develop novel cosmos-sdk modules for integration in our blockchain, Xion
- Respond to security vulnerabilities found in cosmos-sdk and facilitate quick upgrades when necessary
- Mentorship for more junior engineers or other engineers stepping outside of their comfort zones
- Lead our design review process, wherein the team collaborates to hone and refine technical designs
Benefits of working at Burnt include competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company off-sites and more!
Burnt is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.